Join Nomics as we create the data backbone for the open financial system.
Nomics is a cloud-based data platform where users can access gapless and normalized financial data about tokenized assets through API endpoints. We offer data that professionals and semi-professionals need at a fraction of the cost of: (1) rolling your own database and ingesting billions of trades, (2) waiting weeks behind rate limited APIs to download historical data, and (3) normalizing highly inconsistent data feeds. Our product allows hedge funds, allocators, family offices, and professional investors to: develop and test investment strategies, accurately track their portfolio and fluctuations in the market, and build compelling financial data-enabled software (e.g. fintech) applications.
Would you like to join a customer-obsessed team creating an API product for developers? Then join us at Nomics.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you'll be part of a small product team collaborating cross-functionally to design, build, ship, maintain, and improve the next version of our data ingestion and computation pipeline. We're looking for someone with strong experience in databases, background workers, and evented systems who can run the project and interact directly with our engineering and product team to help them meet their goals.
Some of your contributions will include:
- Collaborating on small, empowered teams to build the dataset behind the Nomics API
- Writing robust, well-tested code, ensuring that the team has the confidence to make changes and iterate quickly
- Building fault-tolerant and highly-available systems to support the exponential growth of our dataset
- Create a scalable, distributed, and evented data processing engine
- Performance optimize our data computation and aggregations to maximize throughput
- Create a flexible system than can quickly integrate changes and evolutions of our data methodologies
Required experience and skills:
- 3+ years backend development
- 1+ years working on background worker, evented, or queue-based systems
- Autonomous, organized, and disciplined technical leader
- Strong communication, planning, and estimation skills
- Dedication to honesty, transparency, and kindness
- Automated testing and continuous delivery as part of your development workflow
Bonus experience and skills:
- Apache Kafka
- Apache ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ
- DynamoDB, Cassandra, or other distributed database
Finally, because Nomics is a fully remote team, you should be comfortable working remotely and communicating asynchronously. You are in charge of your own work environment that works best for you. We are a Slack-free workplace.
- Communication - You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well and seek to understand before reacting. You maintain calm poise in stressful situations to draw out the clearest thinking. You provide candid feedback to colleagues. You can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do.
- Creativity - You create useful new ideas. You minimize complexity and find time to simplify. You re-conceptualize issues to discover solutions to hard problems. You welcome change.
- Judgment - You identify root causes, and go beyond treating symptoms. You challenge assumptions and strive to propose solutions when practical. You make wise decisions despite ambiguity and use data to inform your intuition. You think strategically and make decisions based on the long term. You define your desired goals and work backward from there.
- Integrity - You are known for candor, authenticity, transparency, and being non-political. You only say things about fellow employees that you say to their face. You admit mistakes and apologize freely and openly. You treat people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with you.
Nomics is an equal opportunity employer; we are passionate about creating an inclusive environment that upholds the dignity of all people and celebrates a diversity of thought, backgrounds, and experiences.